One Piece: Race To Glory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Original One Piece role play site where you can explore the freedom of the seas as your own One Piece character.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vince Owens vs William Matthews

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
William Matthews
Bounty: 39,000
William Matthews

Vince Owens vs William Matthews Empty
PostSubject: Vince Owens vs William Matthews   Vince Owens vs William Matthews EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:48 pm

William Matthews walked slowly along the coast of the small island that situated a major military base for the Marines. The water below lapped up at the face of the cliff about five feet below him. He was nearing the sandy beach a the base and he knew it. The houses on the left side of him made him feel somewhat cramped, but he was fine because he could see the clouds and whatever images they withheld.

He cautiously reached around to his left side with his right hand and sighed with relief as he felt the cool leather grip of his sword that he keeps fastened to his belt. There were rumors going around of pirates nearing Shell Town. Perhaps the rumors were a bit farfetched, but there is always a chance. Anyways, Marine base or not, a good pirate could get anywhere without getting caught. He broke into a slow jog towards the beach.
Back to top Go down
Vince Owens
Bounty: 15,000
Vince Owens

PostSubject: Re: Vince Owens vs William Matthews   Vince Owens vs William Matthews EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 6:05 pm

Vince grew tired of this place, he had been on shell island for a few days and was now sitting on the beach drinking whiskey...."Man this place is so boring!!! I was hoping to at least see how strong the Marines are, but I can't even find them...." he thought.... the waves splashing sounds nice but after 2 days of sailing it gets annoying. He looked around for anybody with intention of getting into a fight... a young man seem to be jogging toward the beach with a cutlass by his side slowly approaching Vince ...."Oh that sword looks expensive... plus the higher my bounty the better I am as a pirate." Owens pulled out his bazooka and aimed

"Ok.. lets try to catch him... it shouldn't be too hard!" he said to himself as he pulled the trigger releasing the net....
Back to top Go down
William Matthews
William Matthews

PostSubject: Re: Vince Owens vs William Matthews   Vince Owens vs William Matthews EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 11:32 pm

William's eyes had caught sight of the person sitting on the beach with the bazooka long before coming within range of him. He had been wary of the large weapon ever since he had fully realized what it was. By the time the person had managed to stand, he already had his own weapon halfway pulled from its sheath. When the net fired, he rolled to his left, just barely dodging the full extent of the net. He jumped back up to his feet after his roll, cutlass fully drawn and bared in a position of a fencer preparing for a duel.

He watched his opponent very carefully, watching for the slightest sign of movement anywhere around him. Even the tenseness of his arms which could be a giveaway to future movements. He called out cautiously, hoping to avoid a fight. "Are you looking for a fight?" Maybe, if I'm lucky, that was just a stray shot.
Back to top Go down
Vince Owens
Vince Owens

PostSubject: Re: Vince Owens vs William Matthews   Vince Owens vs William Matthews EmptySat May 01, 2010 1:32 pm

"Hell yeah I'm looking for a fight!" Owens called out "Nothing serious or personal its just that I have some anger to work out!"
Owens chuckled, "Well I suppose if he only has a sword I should at least be a little fair..." He thought as he put away his bazooka and pulled out his sword.This shouldn't be too hard, I mean worst comes to worst I can shoot him with the bazooka again!" He began looking at the man thinking how to attack, he decided it would be best to wait for him to go first...
"All right you can go first, lets see what you're made of!"
Back to top Go down
William Matthews
William Matthews

PostSubject: Re: Vince Owens vs William Matthews   Vince Owens vs William Matthews EmptyWed May 05, 2010 12:48 am

He circumvented Vince, keeping his blade by his side so as to be able to quickly make it effective in case he tried something. He walked closer to the water as it made him feel safer from any nets that his bazooka could fire and maybe anything else that it could shoot out at him. He also noted the two containers at his waist.

He sighs audibly to ensure that Vince could hear him. "And here I was hoping for a day of simple relaxation and wine on the beach. You really wouldn't rather just join me for a quick indulgence on the beach instead of senseless violence." He smiled to himself.

I may be being courteous, but I know that he won't accept an offer to drink instead of a fight. If he does accept the wine then maybe I can catch him offguard and if he doesn't... I'll just prepare for his next move.
Back to top Go down
Vince Owens
Vince Owens

PostSubject: Re: Vince Owens vs William Matthews   Vince Owens vs William Matthews EmptyWed May 05, 2010 11:27 pm

"Huh, this guy.... he isn't going to be a pansy, is he?" Owens looked at Matthews like he was an idiot....He couldn't be serious,he is way too nice, I mean I will try to fight fair sometimes, but still....

"Let me tell you something, if a guy, even a twelve year old, tells you he wants to fight AND he gives you a chance to attack first, you should take the chance!" Owens pulled out his blade, and opened his flask of rum and took a quick sip and put it back ... " *hic* All right then I will start."

Owens charged the man swinging the sword wildly and took a large swing aimed at his arm "If I can take out his arm then he can't attack and I can steal the sword and that pendant he is carrying without having to kill someone."
Back to top Go down
William Matthews
William Matthews

PostSubject: Re: Vince Owens vs William Matthews   Vince Owens vs William Matthews EmptyThu May 06, 2010 9:36 pm

He waited as Vince approached him with his weapon being swung wildly. He flipped his blade with a flick of his wrist to block the blow from the sword. He managed to keep his hand in the same position though, knowing himself that that particular position will making blocking easier. This kid doesn't have any real finesse, does he?

He put pressure on Vince by putting some strength into his blade to keep the kid from just breaking the lock with ease and going for another strike. He delivered a swift, but powerful sidelong kick to his midsection, hoping to end the fight without any major injuries.

"But if I could I be so cruel to a child as to take advantage of his drunken state to strike out at him, then how could I forgive myself?" He offered as rebuttal to Vince's suggestion of striking out first.
Back to top Go down
Vince Owens
Vince Owens

PostSubject: Re: Vince Owens vs William Matthews   Vince Owens vs William Matthews EmptySun May 09, 2010 10:37 pm

Owens fell back, coughing, "Damn ya knocked the air outta me!" He pulled the back and unhooked his sheath to use for blocking.
"So that swords not just for show, come on a few cuts won't hurt..... WAIT! I don't want any pity 'cuz I'm a kid!!" Owens, now enraged, charged and slammed his sheath into Matthews' gut and aimed the sword at the same spot. Thinking it wouldn't be fatal, so that he could have a witness as he proceeded to gloat over the fallen enemy.
"Don't you ever underestimate me!!!" Vince shouted as he cut.
Back to top Go down
William Matthews
William Matthews

PostSubject: Re: Vince Owens vs William Matthews   Vince Owens vs William Matthews EmptySun May 09, 2010 11:12 pm

Matthews grabbed the sheath with his free hand and, with a fleeting smile, spun himself around the young kid's right as the sword's thrust came. He brought up his sword along Vince's neck to his throat and cut the strap holding the bazooka. He held tight to the sheath of the weapon and forced it back into the kid's stomach, keeping the sharp blade held at his neck.

"I'm not trying to underestimate you, but I would like to avoid killing you, if I may."

Is there even a purpose to keep trying to let the kid survive like this? He might repent and give up before I have to kill him, but if he's as intoxicated with alcohol as he seems then this might be difficult.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vince Owens vs William Matthews   Vince Owens vs William Matthews Empty

Back to top Go down

Vince Owens vs William Matthews
Page 1 of 1